But opportuinities with these teachers are limited, largely due to costs. South Africans don't have dollar and euro spending power. The expense of sponsoring a top teacher is high!
So, how do we make the most of teachers while they are here, so that we can max out our tango learning? Our learning from a few workshops can be extended for months to come. These are some tips that I have learned along the way.......
1. Well, it sounds obvious but....... go to the classes
2. Take opportunities to video in the classes, when allowed........ and review the videos , in slow motion, frame by frame. Use VLC media player for this.
3. Go home and write down notes. You would be surprisd how easy it is to forget precious tips
4. Take the opportunity to practise the moves at prakticas and milongas
5. If it is a technical point you would like to work on, try to work on one point at a time. You may decide for example that is back ochos you want to focus on for an evening
And most important for leaders - dont be shy to lead new moves.Ladies need to give you the space to improve and owrk on what you have learned.
Hope to see you at Jose Halfon;s workshops!