The "My Year of Tango Scholarship" offers aspring tango dancers with talent and determination tango lessons for ONE YEAR absolutely free.
What will you learn?
You will be introduced to Argentine tango as an absolute beginner and move through the levels according to your progress. You will be introduced to the the culture of tango and the social tango scene in Cape Town. Learning to tango will be a challenge but dedication and enjoyment is a guaranteed recipe for success.
About the Scholarship
- The scholarship is for one couple
- Duration: January - December 2013
- It includes free weekly tango lessons and 4 private lessons*
- It does not include free entrance to socials
* Beginners and Level 2 lessons are on Thursday evening; Level 3 is on Wednesday evening.
Terms and Conditions
To apply for this scholarship you should consider your weekly time contraints and motivation to learn Argentine tango. You should be someone who enjoys music and dance. You should be mature, easy -going and sociable.
The terms and conditions below must be fulfilled for the scholarship to be valid.
- Dancers must attend 80% of weekly lessons. Failure to attend lessons will lead to cancellation of the scholarship.
- Dancers must attend at least one weekly tango social event in Cape Town to practise your skills. The entrance fee for social events is not included in the scholarship. This is usually about R40.
- The scholarship does not include lessons with visiting teachers.
- Students should have their own means of transport to attend lessons and tango socials ("milongas")
- Applicants should have previously shown some dedication to the study of music, dance or martial arts
- Libertango reserves the right to cancel lessons and cancel the scholarship if necessary.
How to apply
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information.
Name of Applicants (each member of the couple)
Ages of applicants:
Cell phone numbers:
City of residence:
- Why do you want to learn Argentine tango?
- Do a youtube search on the following Argentine tango dancers from Buenos Aires: Fabian Peralta, Pablo Inza and Osky Casas. Say which one you like best and why.
- Listen to the following tango orchestras on the internet: Di Sarli, D'arienzo, Calo. Do you like this music? What do you like about it?
- Say how you have previously shown commitment to either a dance, musical or martial arts form.
Applications should be submitted by 1 November 2012. Applicants will be told by 20 November 2012 whether they have been successful. Libertango may contact you for an interview once applications have been received.